Greenwood family dentist Dr. David Goris treats children and understands their hesitation and anxiety during these early visits. We encourage parents of young children to bring them along to their routine dental visit so the little one can easily see what happens at the dentist, and become familiar with our team and office.
Dr. Goris recommends that your child’s first preventive care visit occur between 18 months and 2 years of age. At this age we will start to monitor the growth and development of your child’s teeth and mouth.
Pediatric Dentist vs. Family Dentist
Pediatric Dentistry is one of nine dental specialties recognized by the American Dental Association. A pediatric dentist provides care for infants, children and adolescents. On the other hand, a family dentist is usually a general dentist who sees adults and children in one office. Patients in Indianapolis appreciate the convenience that Dr. Goris provides for family dentistry in his Greenwood dentist office.
A typical child’s visit with Dr. Goris may involve:
- Teeth cleaning
- Fluoride treatment
- Diagnostic x-rays
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
Children’s Dental Services Greenwood, IN
- Preventive dental care- twice per year visits to maintain oral health
- Sealants- dental sealants are generally recommended for permanent molars to help prevent tooth decay
- Sports mouth guards- help reduce the chances of tooth loss or damage during contact sports with a custom fitted mouth guard
- Orthodontic referrals- Dr. Goris works with several local orthodontists and can refer patients for consultations when deemed necessary
Tips For Your Family’s Oral Health:
- Limit frequency of meals and snacks
- Encourage brushing, flossing and rinsing
- Avoid sugary drinks and sodas
- Avoid giving your child sticky foods
- Make treats part of meals
- Choose nutritious snacks
Promoting good oral hygiene and healthy habits is very important and should be established at a young age. We take the time to instruct parents and children on correct brushing and flossing techniques to enable them to enjoy excellent dental health for a lifetime.