At Beautiful Smiles in Greenwood, IN, we are taking October to highlight the proper ways to maintain a healthy smile. Dr. Benjamin Stevens strives to provide exceptional, patient-focused dental care to patients in need. As an experienced cosmetic, general, and restorative dentist, Dr. Stevens has identified and treated a wide range of complex dental problems. One of the best ways to avoid complex dental issues is to practice an excellent oral hygiene routine at home and schedule regular preventive care visits to our Greenwood dentist office. Dr. Stevens encourages patients to make the right choices regarding their oral health, so we have compiled a few tips to help patients improve your oral hygiene routine.
Improving Your Oral Hygiene Routine
There are several ways patients can improve their oral hygiene routine and get one step closer to a healthier smile. It is essential that patients take care of their teeth throughout the day to maintain optimal oral health.
- Brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes a day.
- Floss your teeth to remove food particles and debris that are hiding between the teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with an ADA approved mouthwash.
- Chew sugarless gum between meals to freshen your breath, stimulate saliva productivity, and limit the amount of debris getting stuck in your teeth.
- Drink water throughout the day to combat dry mouth and promote saliva productivity.
- Schedule regular visits to Beautiful Smiles in Greenwood, IN. General dentist Dr. Stevens will perform a comprehensive exam to determine the overall health of your teeth. If Dr. Stevens spots any signs of a dental problem, he can provide the appropriate treatment for your smile.
In dentistry, prevention is vital. Finding the right ways to keep your smile healthy will minimize your chance of developing a complex dental problem and needing advanced treatment in the future. Taking care of your teeth now will save you time, money, and discomfort in the future. If you have any questions regarding your oral health, don’t hesitate to contact Beautiful Smiles.
Schedule An Appointment
Most dentists recommend you visit the dentist at least twice a year to make sure your smile is healthy and functional. Dr. Stevens is a well respected and trusted dentist in Greenwood, IN. He works closely with patients to give them the dental care they need. If you haven’t scheduled one of your twice-yearly dental exams, contact Beautiful Smiles in Greenwood, IN and schedule an appointment with Dr. Stevens today!