White Dental Fillings An Overview
Tooth decay is the leading dental health concern in children and adult patients. Tooth decay is progressive and left untreated can lead to tooth loss, compromising the structure of the bite. Tooth cavities are most commonly attributed to poor oral hygiene, and can often be prevented through improved brushing and flossing and routine dental exams.
Beautiful Smiles is a “mercury-free” dentist office, offering patients white, resin dental fillings to treat tooth decay. Aside from cosmetic advantages, white fillings also provide benefits to overall dental health and reduce any possible risk that amalgam fillings may present due to the use of mercury (silver filings contain up to 50% mercury).
Benefits of Mercury Free Fillings
White fillings provide a discreet cosmetic solution for dental decay. White fillings support long term oral health and allow Dr. Goris to treat tooth decay without impacting your natural smile.
- Resin fillings are aesthetically pleasing because they closely match the natural color of teeth.
- Resin fillings bond (or adhere) to tooth surfaces creating a strong, lasting restoration. They effectively become one with the tooth.
- Resin fillings wear and function like a natural tooth.
- Resin fillings result in less sensitivity.
- Resin fillings contain fluoride that is released into the tooth structure, helping strengthen the tooth.