Dental Implants An Overview
Dr. David Goris offers several options for the replacement of missing teeth, including dental implants. When possible, the use of dental implants is recommended because of their high success rate among patients and the many benefits they offer for overall dental health. Dr. Goris offers full services for the dental implant procedure in the comfort of his Greenwood dentist office.
Replacing missing teeth as soon as possible is important and will reduce the risk of further dental health problems. A missing tooth, or teeth, can eventually lead to bone loss and shrinkage in the jaw as well as shifting of remaining teeth. These issues can disrupt the balance of the bite and lend a more aged appearance as the jawline sinks inward over time.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a bio-compatible titanium post that is surgically implanted by a dentist into the jaw bone, replacing the root of a missing tooth. When fully integrated with the bone, the dental implant will provide stability and support for a replacement tooth. A dental implant can be used to support a dental crown for a single missing tooth or a denture to replace all of your missing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- 95% or higher success rate
- Improved bone and gum health (compared to alternative restorations)
- Avoids degradation of healthy teeth (as in conventional bridgework)
- Improves appearance of smile and lower face
- Patients can enjoy a healthy diet without restrictions
- No worry of slippage or dentures “falling out”
Dental implants can be used in a variety of ways for both single tooth replacement and the securing of an over denture for a comfortable smile that looks, feels and functions like natural teeth. For patients who have been struggling with the daily challenges of either missing teeth or poorly fitting dentures, dental implants and implant secured dentures can be life changing.
" Something to smile about!"Robert
" It just doesn't get any better than Beautiful Smiles. How someone could be disappointed with employees like Kassie and Amber would befuddle me. We are leaving the area for good in December and the one thing I will truly…Charlie
"Prompt Professional Friendly"Susan
"Look, these folks are top notch. They go out of their way to keep you comfortable, they listen to you, and they do professional work. Even their jokes are funny!"Tom
"Dr. Goris and staff have a good reputation. Now that I am patient I have to say they have a good reputation for a reason. Dr. Goris is very friendly and the work he did on my mouth is amazing!…William M.
Dental Implants What to Expect
Dr. Goris offers complete treatment for dental implants in his Greenwood dentist office. Dr. Goris will personally perform the tooth implant surgery as well as design the custom fit dental restoration. Patient’s will receive either a dental crown, bridge or denture depending on the number and location of their missing teeth. Our full-service implant treatment plans provide patients with more predictable results without the hassle of visiting additional specialists.
The Implant Process
- Implantation: The placement of the dental implant is a simple surgical procedure performed in our Greenwood, IN dentist office under local anesthesia. It typically takes three to six months for the implant to heal and fully integrate with the jawbone.
- Implant Restoration: In some cases, Dr. Goris can complete the restoration of the tooth implant on the same visit. Most patients will receive a temporary crown or bridge to be worn during the healing process. Once the dental implant has fully healed, the final restoration will be custom designed and securely fit the implant using an abutment.
Request an Implant Consultation
Are you searching for a restorative dentist that offers dental implants in the Indianapolis, IN or Greenwood, IN? Schedule an appointment with Dr. David W. Goris with Beautiful Smiles to learn how to get an attractive, natural smile. Dr. Goris works with patients to accommodate budget concerns and can create phased treatment plans. We are currently accepting new patients!