Do you suffer from recurring tooth pain? How about bleeding gums?
From repairing minor chips to replacing missing teeth, Beautiful Smiles offers comprehensive dentistry to address all of your dental health concerns. Your dentist in Greenwood IN, Dr. Benjamin Stevens, offers personalized, compassionate, and high-quality dental care to children and adults.
We have created a worry-free environment where you can feel comfortable discussing your dental health issues. Our office is a judgment-free zone, and we’re here to help fix all of your dental problems. We are your Indianapolis dental provider, committed to your long-term oral health excellence.
Dental concerns may seem minor or cosmetic but left untreated, a small crack or crooked tooth could develop into a more complex oral health issue. Our dental care team should address dental concerns as soon as possible to avoid secondary conditions.
Addressing Dental Concerns in Indianapolis, IN
Our dental website is a resource for our patients so you can learn more about your oral health. Understanding the connection between the health of teeth and your overall well-being is important. Click the links below to learn more about common dental health concerns we can address in our dentist office.
- Crooked teeth: We can correct tooth misalignment with various treatments, including clear aligners, porcelain veneers, and same-day crowns.
- Missing teeth: We recommend using dental implants to replace missing teeth, but we also offer dental bridges and dentures.
- Discolored teeth: Teeth whitening is one of our most popular cosmetic dental services in Indianapolis.
- Fear of the dentist: We offer sedation dentistry for those with anxiety when visiting the dentist.
- Tooth cavities: A common dental issue in all patients, this can easily be treated with a painless dental filling procedure.
- Bleeding gums: We can alleviate the symptoms of gum disease in any stage of development with periodontal therapy.
Bad Breath and Your Health
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is a common complaint and can be caused by various lifestyle habits or health concerns. Dr. Stevens understands your personal concerns and will take the time during your visit to our Greenwood, IN, office to determine the cause and recommend the appropriate treatment.
A change in lifestyle habits or additional oral hygiene is often sufficient to address chronic bad breath. Here are a few quick tips on how best to keep your breath fresh:
- Brush and floss daily: brushing the teeth twice a day for two minutes (2X2) reduces bacteria in the mouth and removes food particles that become lodged and contribute to halitosis. Don’t forget to brush your tongue as well!
- Mouthwash: rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash after brushing will boost the effects of tooth brushing. Avoid those containing alcohol, which dries the mouth and actually contributes to bad breath
- Reduce or eliminate the use of tobacco products
- Eat a healthy and varied diet with fruits and vegetables, which can often naturally eliminate harmful bacteria in the mouth
- Drink plenty of water
- Chew sugar-free gum after a meal
There are several health concerns that can also be the underlying cause of halitosis and should be addressed by Dr. Stevens:
- Gum disease or tooth cavities
- The use of certain medications
- Dry mouth, or Xerostomia, caused by a variety of factors
- Respiratory infections, pneumonia
- Acid reflux
Halitosis can also signal systemic diseases such as diabetes or liver and kidney problems.
When visiting with Dr. Stevens, it is important to discuss your concerns about persistent bad breath so that he may assist you in identifying the cause and ensuring that any health concerns are addressed.
Schedule a Dental Exam & Consultation
Our dental care team at Beautiful Smiles is a partner in your overall health care and strives to help you maintain both a healthy smile and a healthy lifestyle! We invite new patients near Indianapolis, or Greenwood, IN, to schedule an appointment with Dr. Benjamin Stevens.
Our family-focused, patient-centric dentist office can help you restore beauty and function to your natural smile. Call our office at (317) 886-4512 or request a dentist appointment online.